Friday, October 5, 2012

Boots!

I'm getting that boot envy, or really clothes envy that comes at the beginning of every school year when I let my parents believe that I really don't need any more clothes and then get to school and realize oh shit, yeah I do.

Need of course is a relative term, used here to say that I get too many fashion magazines from my delta sky miles which convince me an over flowing closet is a healthy one. Being someone with three drawers and maybe 50 hangers worth of clothes I have more than I strictly speaking need. But I want them you know.

The pattern always starts with the practical things. When moving to a village in Germany with an average temperature of freezing for three months of the year one must acquire suitable warm clothing that is easy to pack and wash and still makes you presentable. Enter Under Armor.






But skin tight athletic ColdGear is not really the most fashionable thing to wear. I've got a few dresses to class up the leggings, but really I need some accessories to me from turning into that-crazy-girl-who-has-two-layers-of-skin-that-are-different-colors in my village. Enter Modcloth.


















And then, predictably, things get out of hand. First there's nordstrom scanning, and then looking at anthropologie and in a manner of minutes I'm drooling over $300 boots. I suppose if I don't want to actually move to Europe I could just spend the money I've saved on clothing I'd be scared to wear for fear of ruining it.

 





$2500 later I'd have an awesome new wardrobe, but zero prospects for directly after college...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate