Wednesday, September 25, 2013

What Home has Been

In light of being in Germany, sitting on a couch for the morning, instead of Belgium, exploring a new city, let me show you where I've been the last 3 months.

This is a grocery store. A grocery looks like this.

Another apartment building, just beautifully painted

The center square fountain, in front of the Catholic Church

The Catholic church in town is difficult to get a good image of, but this is the bell tower.

My little Fremont Bridge. I went here often to escape as it looked like a miniature piece of home.




The whole bike path is strewn with lamp posts. It had me thinking of Narnia daily.

The river from a boating dock.

My second favorite bridge. It crossed the dam, which also was beautiful.



Lots of people had secondary garden plots up against the river, with little boat houses and docks attached.

Another church in town, I found a crowded bier hall loud with drunken singing here one night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate